Does it intrigue you that so often when testimonies are shared, the now victor almost glamorizes his wretched past in order to magnify the mercy and grace of God on his behalf? We revel in his redemption yet stand paralyzed to identify with such a story. It’s time to hear from the good side of the tree*
http://inyou.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/garden-of-gods-scott-cooper-co-springs.jpg8951499Scott Wolfehttp://inyou.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/inyou_logo_238x100.pngScott Wolfe2017-07-04 11:20:532017-11-01 01:28:07"What's Worse Than a Sinner?" InYou Window, June 2017
"Stupid Chair! (Projection)"
I’m sure you’ve seen it just like I have. You’ve probably done it just like I have. Someone runs into a chair, bends a toe back the way it’s not supposed to bend, peels the edge off the unfortunately exposed nail, and screams in sudden pain, “Stupid chair!”
http://inyou.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/inyou_logo_238x100.png00Scott Wolfehttp://inyou.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/inyou_logo_238x100.pngScott Wolfe2016-09-04 12:00:192017-11-01 01:28:07Does a Believer Have Two Natures? (FBS 2016)
Are people re-incarnated? The thought is appealing to the flesh of man, which seeks its own perfection. Who, upon experiencing his own weakness and failure, doesn’t want a do-over? The whole idea of self-improvement sells more books than most any other topic. It makes sense that a world religion would prosper with this ideology. It resonates with a deep desire in man’s heart: “I want another shot at this life. I want to do better. I want to mature, improve, start over, fix myself!”
I almost hate to tell you this, but God’s words are clear: “it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment” (Hebrews 9:27). There is only one physical life and one physical death for humans. According to Scripture, there is no re-incarnation as Wikipedia.org defines it: “Reincarnation is the religious or philosophical concept that the soul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_%28spirit%29) or spirit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit) , after biological death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death) , begins a new life in a new body that may be human, animal or spiritual depending on the moral quality of the previous life’s actions.” As is the case with every deception, there is enough truth in it to make it desirable or believable.
HOWEVER…we are not without hope! There is a potential do-over in this life! There is a way to have every weakness transformed into strength and every failure washed clean…and you don’t even have to physically die to experience it! Now this I can’t wait to tell you, because, like Paul,^ “of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God, that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ. For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me (Colossians 1:25-28).
The hope is Christ in you! Through the simplicity of faith, all those who receive Christ receive a brand new life! That life is Christ’s life. Jesus Christ “re-incarnated” in you! NOT the physical Christ, for “once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself” (Hebrews 9:26); but the Spirit of Christ! “He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:12). In His divine grace and wisdom, God has made a way for a real-time, in-the-now, spiritual re-birth! This mystery of a Divine Life living in you and conforming you into His image is at the heart of the gospel! It is most clear in Galatians 2:20: “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.”
So hear me carefully: Jesus Christ is “re-incarnated” in every believer. The Christian life is a “mysterical” life—a mystery and a miracle! It is Christ living in your mortal flesh! Paul stated it clearly: “For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh” (2 Corinthians 4:11). And “God, who had set me apart even from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me…” (Galatians1:15-16). It’s not Jesus’ physical body that is re-incarnated in you, but His Spirit, His life, Him! The already-perfected life of Jesus—the one-and-only Son of God—wants to become your life, living His life in you as you! The longing of your heart can be fulfilled in Christ! Every sin forgiven, every weakness transformed, every inadequacy exchanged for completeness, wholeness, purity and victorious life!
One day we who trust this “mysterical” work of Christ will be gathered up with Him: “so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him” (Hebrews9:28). The ultimate and final deliverance is yet to come, but don’t miss out on experiencing and expressing Jesus in the NOW! God’s Holy Spirit is alive and at work to convince you of your need to stop trying harder in the flesh, but, instead, “die to self” and receive Christ’s Life today “re-incarnated” in you! John the Baptist got it: “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3:30&version=NASB) ).
Thanks for you patience as we work on our website and email newsletter.
Please pray for InYou Ministries:
1. Refuge (a ministry of FBS to the homeless of Spartanburg’s inner city.) The homeless are welcomed at 7:30 am each Sunday for a shower, hot breakfast (provided by FBS Life Groups) at 8:30 and Bible Study & worship at 9 am (I teach each “Brand new Me” week).
2. SPICE Program @ Tyger River Correctional. Each Monday and Friday, I lead 12 inmates through Houses of Healing and The FIRM Foundation: Jesus Christ. These men will be released back into society after this 18-week discipleship class.
3. InYou Men’s Disciplship, each Friday, 6:30 am at my house. (All men all welcome to attend.)
4. Website redesign
5. Writing “Living in the Now.” (I need a new blog page.)
6. Safety as we work this summer painting with the boys.
Ev’ry joy or trial falleth from above,
Traced upon our dial by the Sun of Love;
We may trust Him fully all for us to do
They who trust Him wholly find Him wholly true.
A friend, co-Kingdom worker and InYou Investor quoted the words above from an old hymn. If these words were not true, we would find ourselves overwhelmed by circumstances. A fellow painter shared his story in the paint store last week: how he chose NOT to abort his daughter when it was discovered that she would be “a vegetable.” He was a new believer and the Spirit told him to read Exodus 15:25– “Then he cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree; and he threw it into the waters, and the waters became sweet.” Put Jesus in the middle of your situation and He will make the bitter waters sweet.
That’s the message of InYou Ministries! Christ is sufficient; He is enough; there is nothing His nearness cannot heal; nothing touches us that doesn’t first pass through Christ; we can rest because He is working on our behalf to transform us into the image of His Son. A change of focus can change you!
NEW things on the horizon:
1. 4th annual InYou Indoor Trchotomous Triathlon! We are again partnering with the BRAND NEW Thomas E. Hannah Family YMCA, Spartanburg, Saturday, January 26, 2013.
• InYou needs your help in promoting the event. Search the event on Facebook: “InYou Indoor Trichotomous Triathlon”
• InYou needs volunteers from 7:30 am – 1:00 pm, Sat., Jan. 26, 2013.
• InYou needs sponsors. This is the only way the event succeeds as a fundraiser for the ministry. Vic Bailey Subaru is a 2013 $500 water bottle sponsor. His Way at Work (www.HisWayatWork.com) is a $250 Logo on T-shirt sponsor again this year. Other 2012 sponsors included Applebee’s, www.OnOnTri.com, www.GreatEscapeBikes.com, Chiefs Wings, Midway BBQ, Dr. Gary Horvath Ortho., www.HopePoint.org, Spartan Customs, www.Santuc.com Precision, www.BroadwayBagelman, www.LittleRiverRoasting.com., Southern BBQ, Ray Cross & Chase Wolfe!
• Restaurants can donate gift certificates to be used as prizes.
• You can register online at www.active.com or SOON at www.inyou.org!…
2. InYou’s website: www.inyou.org is being upgraded to include a number of new features like an Indoor Triathlon section where people can sign up, see blogs, pic, video, donate, volunteer and sponsor the event. Soon we will be directing more traffic to the site for updates, emails, calendaring, articles, messages, and the InYou online STORE!, etc.
3. I will be preaching at Tyger River Correctional Institution (TRCI) today, Sunday, Nov. 11 @ 5:00 pm.
4. I have been teaching “The FIRM Foundation: Jesus Christ” each Friday at TRCI from 8:50-10:15 am. I have also been facilitating “Houses of Healing” each Monday from 7:50-10:15 am. Plpease pray for the 16 men who attend these classes. They all participate in SPICE (Self Paced In Class Education) and will be released from prison in the next six months.
5. “A Taste of Christmas” (feeding 150 inmates at TRCI) is Wednesday, Dec. 12 this year. Hope Point Church will be volunteering, but if you would like to donate food, help fry 18 turkeys (Tues, Dec. 11, 3-8 pm), help prepare food (Weds. Dec. 12, 12-4 pm), serve the inmates (5-8 pm) or participate in sharing your talent or testimony, reply!
6. I begin teaching “The FIRM Foundation: Jesus Christ” each Sunday at FBC, Spartanburg, from 9-10 am, to our city’s homeless. Through REFUGE, we offer showers @ 7:30 am, hot breakfast @ 8:30 am and Bible Study @ 9 am each Sunday. You can volunteer and attend! Food, clothing, toiletries, etc., are always needed.
7. InYou, like so many people and ministries, is experiencing an all-time low in contributions. If you plan to give in 2012 (tax-deductible), we could use your help. A grant from the SC Christian Foundatioin has really helped with prison ministry this fall, but a steady flow of counselees still need scholarships. A simple $20 per month is all in takes to become an InYou Investor. You can give online (www.inyou.org/contribution), by check (PO Box 998, Roebuck, SC 29376) or monthly draft (send your credit card info or call 864.587.2830).
On a personal note, Chase comes home from China Dec. 15. We have “adopted” a Chinese Wofford student, John Li (see pic), to takes Chase’s place. John will be with us during the holidays. Carson is a pre-med freshman @ USC, Columbia, and we are seeking a permanent rental property for his college career. Cooper is busy in his sophomore year at Dorman (already taking a college class) and enjoying swing dancing, leading Bible study @ Oakview Apts each Sat., his “D group” each Sun nite, occasionally working with me, and was just cast in “Joseph and the Techni-colored Dreamcoat” with Chase (as Benjamin). Kelli was named Spartanburg School District 6’s Distinguished Reading Teacher of the Year. Thanks for your prayers and support.
“Until Christ is formed inYou!” (Gal. 4:19)